Monday, September 26, 2011

Hoping the Regular Season is Better Than the Preseason

I tried watching Sunday's preseason game on live stream through the Kings website, but the quality was so poor* and I got sick and tired of watching gross overweight dudes get way too excited to be featured on the jumbotron and gyrate to arena music. (I missed getting the screenshot by a nanosecond!) Besides, I was too busy fretting over the Steelers/Colts game because I was *this* close to winning my first fantasy football week. Instead I lost by 0.40 points. But back to the Kings preseason game.

Based on Rudy Kelly's pre-game analysis I felt pretty good about the Kings' chances to destroy the Junior Ducks, but instead the Kings somehow managed to lose 3-1. I cringed when I read the AP post-game report:


The Kings went 0 for 6 on the power play.

Oh goodie, just like old times!


Offseason acquisitions Mike Richards and Simon Gagne played with captain Dustin Brown on the second line and the three were a combined minus-6


Uhhh, excuse me?

And the recap failed to mention that the first line of Penner-Kopitar-Williams was a combined minus-3. So our top two lines were on the ice for every single goal against. Lovely....just lovely.

(AP Photo)
Westgarth got a little banged up so send him some love
So, uh, here's hoping the regular season is better than the preseason when the Kings will have to play against a real lineup.  Otherwise, this could be a loooooonnnng season.

*I actually really appreciate that the preseason games can be viewed via live stream.  I'm just a little confused as to why the quality isn't better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment