Thursday, October 10, 2013

Vigo Sutter Comments on Kings v. Senators (Game 4) - October 9, 2013

Hermano here.

The only thing that makes up for blowing a three goal lead is a ROW.  Actually, that's the second best thing.  The best thing that makes up for blowing a three goal lead is the sound of 18,118 panties hitting the floor when Jeff Carter scored his second of the night for the OT win. 

The Kings came out firing and made the Senators pay for sloppy play and bad turnovers, especially that super sweet breakout pass that went right to a streaking Dustin Brown, ready to atone for his ridiculous goalie interference penalty.  Typically, I've usually seen Brown shoot those shots wide right (for another sweet breakout pass) or right into the goalie's chest.  But every once in a while, he'll rip a shot like he did, a far post snipe, and I'll suddenly say "Oh, so that's why he's in the NHL."

But forget about the game.  Analyzing this game will only make me more depressed as to why we're not scoring goals on every shift and, more frighteningly, why we're giving up so many goals. 

So instead, let's talk about an old joke made by The Royal Half that somehow popped right back into my brain after reading the post-game quotes. 

With that, I'd like to introduce a new feature here on Waving Back at Gretzky.  When I can (which, unfortunately, won't be as much as I'd like), I'm going to pull the best quote from our fearless coach and pair it with how I think he viewed his players' performance.  Let's see what Vigo Sutter had to say:


Vigo Sutter on the Senators
[Bear with me as I continue to attempt designing a logo for this site]
Many thanks to Congress for this prolonged government shutdown so I can start learning how to use photoshop.  My friends are all about to be in big trouble.


Much love till my next post.  Go Kings Go!

Hermano


No comments:

Post a Comment